From 2010-2013 I was the Creative Lead for the marketing promotion of university-level (Higher Education) courses at West Nottinghamshire College (West Notts).
This included the creation and implementation of an annual production schedule to ensure that all stakeholders were aware (and met!) deadlines for print and digital marketing materials. This schedule also allowed me to level-out a previously peaks-and-troughs workload and ensured that key projects (HE prospectus, HE graduation and end-of-year showcases) were managed efficiently and effectively.
I took a very proactive role as Creative Lead, often going beyond just the design, production and management of projects – for example, suggesting new publications or ways of reaching our target market, researching and writing copy, undertaking competitor research, and giving general marketing advice and guidance to members of the HE team.
Some of the items I produced included:
- The prospectus and mini/pocket guides to HE study at the college
- Course information leaflets (aimed at different markets for different study routes)
- Tailored HE information guides for adults, international students, parents/carers, and employers
- Informational guides to HE finance – e.g., a user-friendly guide to the course fee changes instigated by the government; finance options available to adults (24+) and part-time students
- Informational booklets for new/existing students – e.g., student handbook/survival guide, course handbooks, module handbook templates (for tutors to use), study skills guides and workbooks
- Recruitment campaigns using both print and online channels – e.g., social media advertising; web advertising; posters and flyers; newspaper advertising and advertorial; and outdoor advertising such as billboards, building banners, bus advertising and shop-window graphics
- Recruitment event materials – e.g., pull-up banners; PowerPoint presentations; information packs for careers teachers in schools
- Event branding, invites, programmes and other printed collateral for both small and large events throughout the year (e.g., graduation, social events, end-of-year showcases)
- General posters, flyers and postcards for various internal communication purposes throughout the year (e.g., ‘save the date’ postcard for graduation, HE ambassador recruitment campaign, study skills workshop promotion)
- Sourcing products and creating artwork for ‘freebies’ such as badges, pens, bags, stress balls, iPhone speakers (novelty give-aways at major recruitment events), water bottles (event sponsorship of local charity run), etc
- Building and managing a photography library.
- Categories →
- Graphic Design